October 2014 Acquisitions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shirts - Charles Trywhitt, 4 for $100. That's still one purchase in my twisted mind.

Please...continue.

Just got a fine CT shirt from the SMH offer. Looks good the brass collar tabs are an oddity though

I go one better. I never buy a damn thing. My wife loves shopping and buys absolutely everything. She's also a clothes snob so anything I would ever buy gets firstly secretly moved to impossible to locate piles in the wardrobe and then after a few months dumped. Doesn't really bother me. I detest clothes shopping, get hopelessly lost in shopping malls and if there ever is to be a shopping mall gun rampage here in Australia it could well be me. That's only because I'll walk in to one (in fact I don't even know the difference between one shopping mall and the next, ask @JugV2 ) and spend the rest of the day trying to find an exit. Don't know my own sizes so ordering online is not on either. Ignorance is bliss
I can attest to @Pjotr not recognising one mall from another.

This post does make it sound like he has a carer though.

When it comes to shopping I am a genuine, quadriplegic, brain dead, window licking spaz. And proud of it!
All is redeemed if you know your way around your local Bunnings/Masters etc ;)

That's not shopping though. You know exactly what you want and are almost certain they've got it.
In that instance, what is it called ?

Sorry for anticlimax I'm not getting I just saw it after the recent "you call that a razor order?... THIS is a razor order"

Just general interest

Picked up a few razors from a garage sale yesterday.

Schick Krona
Gillette Rocket
Gillette 3 piece Tech (1971/R1) Ball-end type
Gillette 3 piece Tech (aluminium handle?)

Some blades too but all opened and half used. Not sure what they are or whether they are worth trying (or whether I should!).

Also, I've never used a Schick Krona before. What are they like?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414289399.152534.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414289429.475504.jpg

from a garage sale @filobiblic - wow this is a first!

Krona's are a nice mild razor.

The Super Stainless blades should be OK - the Blues I would not touch.

from a garage sale @filobiblic - wow this is a first!

Krona's are a nice mild razor.

The Super Stainless blades should be OK - the Blues I would not touch.
Thanks.
Yeah, yesterday was the annual Garage Sale Trail- a national garage sale event. Their website allows you to search by location but also items. A simple search for "razor" led me to a garage not far away and resulted in these razors.
Sorry for no heads up. [emoji17]

Krona's are a mild razor and one that I learned with.
Highly recommended ykw.
Gillette blades are iirc precursors to spoilers.
The black ones are carbon blades and require stropping, yet doing so, they last longer than the stainless one's which are unable to be stropped and are short term throwaway.

Ahhh yes I saw that advertised @filobiblic but didn't even think razors would be an option!

Well done mate :)

Picked up a few razors from a garage sale yesterday.

Schick Krona
Gillette Rocket
Gillette 3 piece Tech (1971/R1) Ball-end type
Gillette 3 piece Tech (aluminium handle?)
Nice haul Phil! I've done the rounds of antique stores, op shops and garage sales but haven't come across a thing! Can't blame Canberra's size or blandness per se but do fear negotiating a used market landscape in the wake of Cyclone @Mark1966

Status
Not open for further replies.