Anyone want to try out the R41 Razor?

Can't wait, my R41 should arrive in the next week or so. OK it's a mere 2013, but I'm still looking forward to the close contact only a Muhle, or freshly smashed glass bottle, can offer one's face.

Can't wait, my R41 should arrive in the next week or so. OK it's a mere 2013, but I'm still looking forward to the close contact only a Muhle, or freshly smashed glass bottle, can offer one's face.

Is it here yet? o_O

Is it here yet? o_O
Nah, it's in the G&C order along with a Fatip, Myrsol, Haslinger, etc. that's in day 12 of its levitation somewhere between the shores of Spain and Australia. I so want this parcel to arrive…though my face has other ideas.

R41 - The wet shaver fights back.​

More to come and wtf happened to my title formatting ?

So how'd ya go @borked ? Mate are you still with us, borked, borked? I thought the run was too good to be true - seems the banshee has claimed her sacrifice. I, for one, appreciate borked paying that price for us all.

R41 - The wet shaver fights back

So I had read what others had stated about their experiences and after my time with the Pureman OC, decided to give a bit of recovery time to my epidermis pending this experience ( a good solid week ).

As usual, shedomatic was called to the sacrifice.
This time, it was Monsavon it was sacraficed to.
Really liking this soap btw.
The blade was a PSS that had been put to use from the shave box, so had 2-3 shaves by memory.
It performed, and surprisingly well actually.
Not the worlds closest ever shave (yet I approached with copious amounts of caution) and minimal irritation/no cuts or red bumps that the PM OC left me with.
I will try a different blade and see how it manages that, as I think the PSS has reached the end of it's useful shave life.
It indeed is aggressive and I'm thinking that a '13 model being slightly less aggressive would be the sweet spot, yet I'm one shave in, so will see how it goes.

A rare victory for the wet shaver.
Let's see if I can continue this into a roll of wins.

R41 - The wet shaver fights back

So I had read what others had stated about their experiences and after my time with the Pureman OC, decided to give a bit of recovery time to my epidermis pending this experience ( a good solid week ).

As usual, shedomatic was called to the sacrifice.
This time, it was Monsavon it was sacraficed to.
Really liking this soap btw.
The blade was a PSS that had been put to use from the shave box, so had 2-3 shaves by memory.
It performed, and surprisingly well actually.
Not the worlds closest ever shave (yet I approached with copious amounts of caution) and minimal irritation/no cuts or red bumps that the PM OC left me with.
I will try a different blade and see how it manages that, as I think the PSS has reached the end of it's useful shave life.
It indeed is aggressive and I'm thinking that a '13 model being slightly less aggressive would be the sweet spot, yet I'm one shave in, so will see how it goes.

A rare victory for the wet shaver.
Let's see if I can continue this into a roll of wins.
See? A reasonable response.
Try a Gillette Black Plat, or maybe a Voskhod if you have one.

See? A reasonable response.
Try a Gillette Black Plat, or maybe a Voskhod if you have one.
I agree a Gillette Indian Black…or maybe even a Personna Blue (Med Prep, etc.). I'm going to try one of them Personnas in my R41 (2013) when I have an inaugural shave with it….just need to grow the set of balls required to load it up.

I agree a Gillette Indian Black…or maybe even a Personna Blue (Med Prep, etc.). I'm going to try one of them Personnas in my R41 (2013) when I have an inaugural shave with it….just need to grow the set of balls required to load it up.

Just do what I did with my new R41 a few months back, I just through a Feather blade in a shaved with it.

VERY cautiously for the first shave!

Since then, the R41 and myself have an "understanding".

Just do what I did with my new R41 a few months back, I just through a Feather blade in a shaved with it.

VERY cautiously for the first shave!

Since then, the R41 and myself have an "understanding".
I like it. Remind me again what's in it for the R41? Please don't use the word "blood".

Having never used a DE would I be silly to put my hand up to try this one?

The razor is coming back to me after the current user has finished with it.

It's been on the road for over six months.

You have got to give us a first shave report when it gets back Juggy!
Mate I'm thinking of putting it in my pocket, going out to a nice dinner, then taking it to a hotel room for the evening then shaving with it whilst surrounded by rose petals.