borked

Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat
Grand Society
Group Buy Associate
Da Menth Heads
2018 Charity Auction Winner
Has anyone tried their soaps ?

I read this elsewhere, so feel expiditing any decision is prudent
"Currently, B&M sells 8 samples for $13 on their website (that's $3.25/oz). But today on Reddit, Will confirmed that he's going to stop selling samples soon and you will be redirected to Maggard.

Maggard is a top notch company to buy from, but they charge $22.80 for all 8, and they are smaller samples to boot (per an e-mail with Maggard, "They will be the same size as the rest of our samples. They are approximately .4 oz". That puts them at $7.12/oz, which is more than double.

So if you've been thinking about trying B&M soaps (and you should, they are great), hurry and order direct while you can!"

I'm looking at
http://www.barristerandmann.com/shaving-soap/shaving-soap-sample-pack
and
http://www.barristerandmann.com/production-schedule/
the Foguere aromatique in tallow.

Thanks for the heads up.

You'll still need to factor in postage from USA on that. $21. Typical of US sellers creaming the price with postage costs.

The advantage of living in civilisation aka Sydney, a few of us can put an order together.
I've asked Will to set aside a sample pack for when the Foguere aromatique is ready to sell and combine postage.
Awaiting his reply, yet suspect he will.

@filobiblic, I get the impression you're interested ?

@filobiblic, I get the impression you're interested ?
I'm curious but not committed. I've heard good things about B&M (the soaps) but I do have a good many soaps at the moment...

The fougères differ primarily in the perfume constructs they exhibit.
Fougère Imperiale uses no citrus or spices and is smoother and a bit lighter.
Fougère Aromatique incorporates lime oil, thyme, and cardamom and is a bit more pungent and earthy.

Basic postage for a sample pack and a jar of Fougère would run, combined, around $18.

As for a group buy, parcels going to different locations will necessitate separate shipping charges, I'm afraid.
We would have to pay separate charges, so you would have to as well.
The best and most cost-effective way would be to ship a large parcel to ONE location, then have whomever receives it distribute them locally beyond that.
However, we'd be happy to offer a group discount if you were to order a package that large.

Indeed I am!

I'm no bigger a fan of the exorbitant shipping cost between the US and Australia than you fine gents. It's equally brutal in reverse. To have a jar of Otoko Organics shipped here is around $50 USD. More than the cost of the actual soap.

I assure you that I'm not trying to "cream" anyone. We're a small business. 3-4 people at most, depending on who I call in to help. I can't afford to eat such an exorbitant shipping cost, I'm afraid. It sucks, but it's part of the business. However, I'm in the process of seeking out Australian vendors and hope to begin shipping wholesale orders by early next year. If anyone happens to have any questions, please feel free to shoot me a PM. :)