Speedwork

Nonick

Sputniks orbit planet face
Group Buy Associate
How long does it take you to shave with a DE?

I understand this is a bit piece of stringish. It takes me maybe 3-4 minutes to leisurely do one pass, but the whole routine is a 15 minute process. I'm thinking I need to speed it up a bit, I like to relax and shave but it might be nice to be able to do it faster in case the country is invaded and I need to shave quickly before catching the last plane to New Zealand.

I'm a little worried fast = blood letting

I don't suggest that you rush the shave at all, but other bits you can pull a fair amount of time out of. Things like lathering and afterwards you can cut down to a bare minimum.

Generally on a Saturday morning, I take 15 mins for the full catastrophe after a shower. Saturday is my slow, enjoyment shave. Monday-Friday are my quicker takedowns and that takes just under 10 mins.

You don't need to soak your brush, I just warm up my bowl with hot water as I wash down my face with hot water, dunk the brush in the bowl and then dunk my brush in my cream pot & start lathering up.

Well now Monsta I've never not soaked my brush!

In the beginning I began soaking my brush taking the advice of the fine gentlemen at YKW and just have since. I'll have to try it without in the morning.

I've found the hot water soak to help take on more soap, as it softens it (doesn't matter with cream of course)

10 minutes is fast Drubbing, you must be hugging the corners! +1

I've found the hot water soak to help take on more soap, as it softens it (doesn't matter with cream of course)

I've found that even a little bit of hot water on the top of the soap makes a big difference to lathering. It's easy and quick enough to do as part of a routine.

I'm in the leisurely shave category. It's a zen experiment for me. I'm bummed when the kids burst into the bathroom or need adjudication (they're 4 & 5 y.o.).

Cutting out the shower would halve my shave (I include it as part of the package). But it helps soften my whiskers.

If you wanted you could cold water shave, go crazy fast, don't soak anything and be done in record time. I don't want to and don't need to, so I don't. You can if you want. It's your face and you get to live with it. [emoji13]

5 - 6 minutes for the regular routine

Hmm, is someone a tiny bit jealous he doesn't have a helmet to wear ?

As you get more used to it and your routine, it will get faster.

A girl I was seeing before my current partner loved to watch me shave. She said that every movement was deliberate, was precise and had purpose. I found that to be quite a compliment.

You will find the spots which you can go faster, and will listen and feel the blade and adjust to it.

5 - 6 minutes for the regular routine

Wow you win! Can any one beat this?

I went all cold water again one pass and it was 7 m 30 not really rushing just keeping it all moving.

I agree with you filo though if speed was the thing it'd be back to the mach3 & goop.

I think monstas deliberate efficient strokes is what I'm angling towards

Mark didn't own up to the preselection time though. 2 hours cogitating on which razor to use, 45mins for soap or cream and a further 45 mins for post shave selection.

Brushes were a major problem but he cut that down with his 7 day butterscotch set!!

I don't time it, as my watch would steam up in the shower, but I think I am done - shave and shower, in less than 10 minutes.

Might have to move out to the vanity to shave again soon as it is getting to that time of year for cold water only showers.

I was surprised at the time too but checked a few times in another thread and this was it.

Two passes usually - North -> South then the reverse. I can take longer and would with some razors (eg R41) but don't feel rushed doing it in this time.