Shaving Soap storage (my cheap solution)

filobiblic

Facepeeler Extraordinare
State Convenor - NSW
Group Buy Caporegime
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2015 Sabbatical Fail
Just thought I'd post here the way I store my shaving soaps so it gives some ideas. It's cheap but looks good.

I use Korean rice bowls for storing and using my shaving soaps. See the metal tins here.
These are simple metal bowls with lids available from any good Korean grocery store. They only cost a few dollars each.
(If you've been to a Korean restaurant you'll have used one of these as Koreans use these bowls to serve their rice.)

For labelling I've cut out the soap's label and double-sided taped it to the top (and bottom).

There are heaps of different ways to store your soaps: used containers, old shaving soap/cream tubs, IKEA storage tins or plastic tupperware containers. This is just my way, whatever works for you!

Very cool and WITH PICS!

Perfect tins. I ended up buying a few plastic herb containers from some kitchen shop. They work OK but a few Korean rice bowls would have been a lot better. I don't have many pucks of soap and generally turn them in to sticks.

That's a top idea.

I use those clear plastic snaplock containers from Coles with the blue locks on, airtight and clear.

39B0401.jpg

I was put onto these when working as a temp at one of the fruit and veg stores at Flemington markets.
The various Asian guys used them to carry their meals compartmentalised, so they could reheat/mix their meat/rice/veggies/sauce as required.
I use the remainder I've left to build up a lather/store the soap.
I find the concave lid is also a good fit for hard soaps.

Otherwise, I second this :)

@Nonick I'd ask if you've used it, yet that would be obvious due to asphyxiation from shaving lather.
Poor coroner would be in fits trying to figure it out :p

@Nonick I'd ask if you've used it, yet that would be obvious due to asphyxiation from shaving lather.
Poor coroner would be in fits trying to figure it out :p

Haha yes! Poor coroner.

"Defiantly suffocated, but he's died smiling, and with thumbs up" walks away shaking his head

Haha yes! Poor coroner.

"Defiantly suffocated, but he's died, smelling like a men's urinal cake, smiling, and with thumbs up" walks away shaking his head

I'll catch it up this weekend PJ. If it doesn't cross paths I'll just use a urinal cake to get a feel for it

Missed it sorry PJ! I'll be back in a month to pick it up so we'll have to put the membership on hold for a moment

I went to 4 Indian, Chinese and Afghan grocers - Harris scarce home and Howard storage today to find something similar to this and I walked away empty handed.

@Adam , @filobiblic did mention they're Korean, might have better luck in a Korean store?

I went to 4 Indian, Chinese and Afghan grocers - Harris scarce home and Howard storage today to find something similar to this and I walked away empty handed.
These are specifically Korean rice bowls. You won't find them anywhere else. (Korean rice bowls are not only stainless steel, but they also have a matching lid.)

You can ask a Korean restaurant where they bought their bowls from. I bought mine from a Korean warehouse in Rhodes (NSW). PM me for the address/location.

IKEA have a 3 tins set: Ikea Grundtal 3-Piece Magnetic Spice Tins. They are Stainless Steel with a magnet on their base.

I can't seem to find them on their website so it may be an item they no longer stock. A pity since they were both popular and a good size for a shaving tin.

I went to 1 of the 2 listed Korean supermarkets listed in Adelaide today - no luck. There is one more in the city so ill try that tonight.