Can I use badger brush daily?

King Crimson!?

You closet prog deviant @Pjotr !!

My wife's brother in law was their manager (does that make him my brother in-law in-law?). Actually played on one of Fripps acoustic guitars he used to record that album. Aside from that was a big fan of King Crimson and even more of McDonald and Giles (both ex members of King Crimson). They only made one album. Great drummer:

Crimson got too arty too quick for me. And Fripp was largely to blame. I saw a doco a way back and the smug bugger is in front of the record label suits to announce their new album. Saying the first side is reasonably accessible, and the second, excessive.

I get that Artists should make the records they want to. But they shouldn't be the only ones its marketed to, unless they're going to buy a few 100,000 copies each themselves. I think the majority of people who've heard of Crimson pretty much only know that one album.

Album cover. Can't say I've Made it further than about 10 minutes in despite a few tries. Quite like some of the Fripp and eno stuff tho

.......I get that Artists should make the records they want to. But they shouldn't be the only ones its marketed to, unless they're going to buy a few 100,000 copies each themselves. I think the majority of people who've heard of Crimson pretty much only know that one album.

Very true. They all got a bit carried away. They and a few other bands were pretty successful at the time and were under the illusion this type of music was going to be leading the way. Very anti pop/blues or anything mainstream. Read that if Fripp and Co would have a tune that sounded reasonably "poppy" they'd just play it in 5/8 or 7/8 just to be clever. In the end it was only an era. King Crimson were pretty big at the time and my brother in-law in-law had a pretty busy time managing them. He turned down the opportunity to manage this skinny buck-toothed runt called David Bowie.

Thanks for sharing this, as someone that enjoys decent modern Prog/Post Rock, I'm enjoying a trip down others memory lane into the era of it's originators and masters.