September 2014 Acquisitions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
…which would make them bad for my face - as it don't much like Astras.
Doesn't mean you won't like these. Remember everything with regard to this hobby (?) is subjective and YMMV compared to mine or anyone else's here. Hopefully by the time TP&CTB2 arrives with you GT hasn't stolen all the blades and you can try some yourself.

Doesn't mean you won't like these. Remember everything with regard to this hobby (?) is subjective and YMMV compared to mine or anyone else's here. Hopefully by the time TP&CTB2 arrives with you GT hasn't stolen all the blades and you can try some yourself.

If there are no Voshkods in the TP&CTB2 then I'll add some for you Stillsy.

This came in on Thursday. I had a go with it, and it's very impressive so far. Lavender and bergamot from memory, which is a pleasant change on the typical Italian almond scent. It lathers very easily, and looks like an exceptional all-rounder so far. Picked up for <$20 shipped from an OzSeller YKW, it's worth checking out their B/S/T to see if there's any left for anyone who enjoys a good croap.

imageedit_5_2668929789.jpg

I promise that I'm done now taking pictures of weird shit next to my flowers for a while...at least until something else comes in.

This came in on Thursday. I had a go with it, and it's very impressive so far. Lavender and bergamot from memory, which is a pleasant change on the typical Italian almond scent. It lathers very easily, and looks like an exceptional all-rounder so far. Picked up for <$20 shipped from an OzSeller YKW, it's worth checking out their B/S/T to see if there's any left for anyone who enjoys a good croap.

imageedit_5_2668929789.jpg

I promise that I'm done now taking pictures of weird shit next to my flowers for a while...at least until something else comes in.

Nice shot mate. I was tempted by that listing, was going to grab a PannaCrema and the T&H cream. How's it compare to other crops - Cella, etc?

Nice shot mate. I was tempted by that listing, was going to grab a PannaCrema and the T&H cream. How's it compare to other crops - Cella, etc?

Me too and with a positive review how can I resist -

AAARRRGGGGGHHHH I have too much stuff!!!!

BTW - how long can you keep buying 'too good to resist' bargains until it becomes obsessive? What happens if you can never use it all?

BTW - how long can you keep buying 'too good to resist' bargains until it becomes obsessive? What happens if you can never use it all?
Three letters for you @Mark1966 "P", "I", and "F".
And I shan't stop with that sagely advice alone, NO I know I can do more, nay there is more I must do! So let me act as both the bearer of the three letters and also the bearer of those things that weight you down - I see they are like an albatross around thine neck. Allow me to shoulder some of your burden my brother. Again, me, I am just a helper, a natural born helper...
Yours sincerely,
Stills "The Good Samaritan" Hunter

How's it compare to other crops - Cella, etc?

IMO, better than either Cella or P160. It's quite a soft croap, more akin to a new bowl of Proraso than Cella. They're quite similar in that they both lather quite easily and can accept quite a lot of water, so it is possible to get it pretty slick. A wetter mix is better for glide, but does sacrifice a bit of cushion. It's a plus that it doesn't just fall apart with a bit of extra water, and likewise, it doesn't dry quick enough that you can leave it a little thicker for protection too. It's better than Cella for both slickness/glide and cushion/protection. I'd definitely pay the 11 euros it would cost to buy it directly, but high shipping cost on top is a bit prohibitive. Well worth keeping an eye out for a cheap one, it'll probably become my go-to Spring soap just for ease of loading and how quickly it can be whipped up.

I'd quite like to compare it to another well regarded European artisan soap, Jabonman. Made by a Portugeuse dude I think, with some very interesting scents, but another vendor from which shipping is too steep.

Three letters for you @Mark1966 "P", "I", and "F".
And I shan't stop with that sagely advice alone, NO I know I can do more, nay there is more I must do! So let me act as both the bearer of the three letters and also the bearer of those things that weight you down - I see they are like an albatross around thine neck. Allow me to shoulder some of your burden my brother. Again, me, I am just a helper, a natural born helper...
Yours sincerely,
Stills "The Good Samaritan" Hunter

Thank you SOOOOOO much mate

I've been wondering for ages what to do with these 50 sticks of ARKO! ....

Thank you SOOOOOO much mate

I've been wondering for ages what to do with these 50 sticks of ARKO! ....
My pleasure mate. I'll make a post and rail fence out of them. Will keep any living creature at bay….especially any of the red-necks who'd never have smelt a urinal puck so will piss elsewhere...

It is of my understanding @gthomas04 has urinals requiring his attention upon his daily list.
Perhaps @Mark1966 you could assist him whilst at it :)

Gee I hope these and the last lot get the @Monsta_AU tick of approval :)

The 'Frenchies' are great blades. I found the first shave a bit difficult (sharp, bad angle) but after that they have been amazing. Definitely worth the cash.

As for the other big pack of NOS - jealous!

The 'Frenchies' are great blades. I found the first shave a bit difficult (sharp, bad angle) but after that they have been amazing. Definitely worth the cash.

As for the other big pack of NOS - jealous!

WOW, the tick is received :)

You go, shavefriend, don't let them be dissing on your piss stick.

I actually might preempt my impending regular ARKO shave of the day entries and just post 30 of them right now and overload this site with ARKO related posts. Just bombard you bastards with ARKO, ARKO, ARKO. Just had my first shave with my ARKO stick and it was fantastic. Followed it up with Natio, another cheap citrus scen,t and I felt like a real man rather than all you namby pamby scent Nazis.

I've accidentally broken my duck, and made my first shaving related purchase in a year.
I bidded while slightly tipsy, and had no recollection of doing so until my phone made the ebay notification sound at silly o'clock this morning. I think I only added $2 to the current bid to push it along a bit, thinking it would go much higher. Oh well, ho hum. At least I've got something I wanted to try.
$_57.JPG

Nice one Eggy. You could pay off a mortgage by flipping those 74's YKW.

Nice one Eggy. You're the only person I know who's got hold of some Personna 74s. That will send a few vintage blade freaks in to a tizzle. They're very rare so by the shaving related "nah....nah, nah, nah, nah, I've got some and you don't" rule they are the best blade ever produced. I've read a few down to earth YKW comments saying that they're just as good as any other good vintage blade and also one comment saying that they last long but are pretty crap, a bit bizarre if you ask me. It'll be interesting to hear the opinion from someone who's not a drooling fanboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.