Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's bastards like him that make it look easy; one of the vids that sucked me into trying a straight. Damn, it looks so fucking cool. He's good. The fact he makes it look so easy and quick should tell you how scary good he is.

I always felt like I was shaving to a Sex Pistols soundtracks - like this bloke:

Last edited:
Well I like this shave even more - takes a little longer but no blood…and no water (onboard) and no mirror…and no stability! You got to admire the simplicity of this guy's approach (shaving's not over-complicated or over-thunk, just got right)…admire his apparent simple approach to gear too.

Last edited:
Well I like this shave even more - takes a little longer but no blood…and no water (onboard) and no mirror…and no stability! You got to admire the simplicity of this guy's approach (shaving's not over-complicated or over-thunk, just got right)…admire his apparent simple approach to gear too.

Meh. If he wants to impress people from there, he's going to have to juggle some flaming chainsaws too.

Meh. If he wants to impress people from there, he's going to have to juggle some flaming chainsaws too.
Fair call mate, though he is but a European….not built to the specs of Aussies such as yourself - who work in swigs of straight Bundy and tokes on Winnie Reds into the rhythm between each stroke and throw….not to mention the accenting farts…pure manly poetry!

• Red Tip 1955
• Spoiler 1971

• Old Spice Shaving Cream
• Aqua Velva Original Sport

The shave was so comfortable, I wish I had a stickpike of the Nos Gillette. Classic 3 passes chave for a genuine BSS result.

I've always got a problem watching shaving videos. Maybe we should have an R-rated thread where we can post these.

I learned to shave with a DE by watching Mantic and GeoFatBoy's videos.

Note: In all my bad shaves, I never bled as much as the 2 fellas in the previous videos. Disturbing : /

Brush: Simpsons Duke 2 in Best
Soap/Cream: Tabac
Razor: Weber PH w/- Bulldog handle
Blade: Gillette Super Platinum (Black)
After-shave: Tabac Lotion
Scent: Azzaro PH

This Tabac stuff gets better and better the more I use it. I'm really coming to appreciate its work ethic - seems the harder to push it the more it delivers. I found that I had the best lather left after my third pass - serious yoghurty goodness. Also finding my stride (or more accurately my angle and pressure) with The Weber - it really is a great razor which seems to strike a nice balance between aggressiveness and smoothness.

Otherwise The Duke (2) and the Tabac aftershave delights the face and the Tabac and Azzaro Pour Homme delights the nose.

Happy Monday!!!

GTs parenting skills course requires its own thread. Stay on topic here please. There's is comedy potential to be had, but give it its own space to grow….

Sorry @Drubbing - BOT

Brush: vintage butterscotch Simpsons
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Shaving Soaps - Hungarian Lavender
Blade: Vintage Schick - shave 8
After-shave: Lucky Tiger
Scent: Penhaligon's Opus 1870

As @stillshunter has said the Weber is a great shaver - getting the hang of it now!

Last edited:
Fatboy exec
Omega 10005
Jermyn Street cream
Voskhod
Aqua Velva blue.
It was a decent shave

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpsons
Soap/Cream: Cella
Blade: Vintage Schick - shave 9
After-shave: Lucky Tiger
Scent: Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Another day, another great shave!

I'm really starting to enjoy the Weber. The balance now feels 'right' - the week with the Feathers shaving carefully re-aligned my grip and got things sorted.

As I think @stillshunter indicated it is a great razor and I'd second that view. Chuck your EJ89s which is a little mild and get yourself a Weber. A little more aggressive but still smooth and user friendly.

Last edited:
Brush: Vulfix #374 Super Badger
Soap/Cream: Proraso Red tube
Razor: Slim (9)
Blade: Vintage 'French Brown' English Wilkinson Sword - # 5
After-shave: Nivea sensitive balm
Scent: Nil

Got to say that I am loving these Wilkies.... insanely sharp on #1/2, and smooth all the way down. After the shave #5 today there was zero irritation and a great close shave. Expecting to push these to 8 shaves or more the way they are going.

Last edited:

Got to say that I am loving these Wilkies.... insanely sharp on #1/2, and smooth all the way down. After the shave #5 today there was zero irritation and a great close shave. Expecting to push these to 8 shaves or more the way they are going.

Cool - glad I got some. The question now is whether I need more :)

Cool - glad I got some. The question now is whether I need more :)

Yeah watch out @Monsta_AU ,he'll soon have a vintage blade collection that'll make yours insignificant and redundant. He's starting to make those quasi self critical, slightly unhinged remarks that are indicative of an impending bout of collector mania.

Anyhow BOT

ARKO!!!!! ARKO!!!! ARKO!!!!
Brush
Razor
Blade

Great stuff. They don't charge anywhere near enough for it. If they did and threw it in some sexy packaging all you soap snobs would be drooling all over it.

Yeah watch out @Monsta_AU ,he'll soon have a vintage blade collection that'll make yours insignificant and redundant. He's starting to make those quasi self critical, slightly unhinged remarks that are indicative of an impending bout of collector mania.

Nah, I can't see that happening. My Spoilers alone outnumber his entire vintage blade collection. Just.

Still, if he keeps finding these boxes of NOS Wilkies then it is only a matter of time.

Anyhow BOT

I am considering a run at ARKO! in the morning. Has been quite a while since I shaved Turkish style. The previous Super Inoxydable has pretty much had its last shave and I need to put a new blade in the Fatboy, so it might be a Permasharp/ARKO! combo tomorrow.

Nah, I can't see that happening.......

Yeah that's no doubt what all his fellow collector mates were thinking and then he acquired enough razors to make Mr Razor drool.

I am considering a run at ARKO! in the morning. Has been quite a while since I shaved Turkish style. The previous Super Inoxydable has pretty much had its last shave and I need to put a new blade in the Fatboy, so it might be a Permasharp/ARKO! combo tomorrow.

Good man. So we can add you to our ARKO fanboy club. I think you're the first overseas (i.e the other side of the Nullarbor) member.

Status
Not open for further replies.