I love Italian Soaps

If you slash your face because you don't know how to load an SE and post a pic that is OK though right GT?
Sorry no - no faces at all - Ilike to allow my imagination some room to maneuver. (And with my imagination you really don't want to know what maneuvers it takes as I put heads on the names). :)

Sometimes I wonder why we are looking for foreign products when the answer to our desire is in near to hand. This concept can also be applied to wet-shaving ... It's the same reason that I joined this forum. I had always used italian soaps but using the same product for long time, I was taken by boredom... Now I tried the Spanish, the German, the French and the British. All good stuff! But those of my country are those also good.
I am in love with foreign soaps as Mark is with the Italians. This is very funny but not strange cause every time I answer myself that wet shaving is a philosophical lifestyle so there isn't foreign soaps, there are the soaps!

Sometimes I wonder why we are looking for foreign products when the answer to our desire is in near to hand. This concept can also be applied to wet-shaving ... It's the same reason that I joined this forum. I had always used italian soaps but using the same product for long time, I was taken by boredom... Now I tried the Spanish, the German, the French and the British. All good stuff! But those of my country are those also good.
I am in love with foreign soaps as Mark is with the Italians. This is very funny but not strange cause every time I answer myself that wet shaving is a philosophical lifestyle so there isn't foreign soaps, there are the soaps!
Profoundly said Emanuele. Brings to mind something another great writer once said:
Home is not where you live but where they understand you
;)

So we should ask R U OK then?
In the words of the Bard:
“And worse I may be yet: the worst is not. So long as we can say 'This is the worst." King Lear.
…still got an interwebs connection, so I'm obviously not at rock-bottom. Though I am having to resort to 80-year old technology to shave my face...

Out of curiosity what kind of lather does proraso (green, red, white) make compared to cella?

Lather is lather. How well it works is fairly subjective, but some brands seem to get consistently good results for large numbers of people. I wouldn't get any better lather or shave from Proraso or Celle. Results are mostly in your own hands.

Out of curiosity what kind of lather does proraso (green, red, white) make compared to cella?

It's more about the scent and other properties (such as moisturising, cooling sensation, etc). They are all croaps (soft soaps).

I meant, is the lather thicker than cella? Or do you mean that soft soaps make the same kind of lather as opposed to hard soaps?

I meant, is the lather thicker than cella? Or do you mean that soft soaps make the same kind of lather as opposed to hard soaps?

It's so difficult to make generalisations.
As @Drubbing said earlier:

Lather is lather. How well it works is fairly subjective, but some brands seem to get consistently good results for large numbers of people. I wouldn't get any better lather or shave from Proraso or Celle. Results are mostly in your own hands.

It does vary from individual to individual and even day to day.

If you're after a change, then try a different type. If you're after cheap then get some Arko or Derby. Try a French style soap. Or a North American artisan (How to Grow a Moustache, Stirling, Razorock, Maggards, Barrister & Mann...). Try an Aussie soap such as Occams or Otoko Organics. Try a Cream such as Taylor's or DR Harris or GFT.

It comes down to cost and how much you're willing to spend to give things a go.

So what would you say are the differences between the different country soaps?

Not really differences between countries, but between makers and ingredients. The French and Italian soaps are a general style/type of soap, which of course vary from maker to maker. The North America shaving soaps have exploded in recent years so there are a whole range of different makers, styles and ingredients (clay, kokum butter, Shea butter, aloe, etc).

There are less Artisan shaving creams as they take longer (and are more finicky) to produce. And there are very few truly unique soaps. For example, Otoko Organics shaving soap is made by a chemical engineer and is not made the traditional way. It's more a goo than a cream, and it apparently excellent for sensitive skin (why it was designed). It's an Aussie soap and is $20 for 70g so not cheap.

I was a bit indifferent to Cella until I discovered the secret: more product, more water and more Puccini (particularly the death aria from Butterfly).

Cheers, George
I think more product is the secret to every soap ;)