Oh snap...

vanNek

Had my second attempt at using a shavette tonight. Wasn't happy with the blade that is came with. So I thought fuck it, I'll use a feather & try left handed on the left side.

Let's just say I've had brighter moments. But I did really get to feel the difference between the blades. The feather defiantly cut nicer/better (pun intended).

The wife came in cause is was laughing, only to see blood running out of it.

mequzyqy.jpg

Nominates you for a custom title of "Jack the Ripper"
What say you @Monsta_AU ?

Upon a positive side, you've wrecked @gthomas04's desire not to attach actual facial images to persona's here and you're giving it a go and learning as you go too by the sounds of it.
Wise as well to try around the longest time between normal work hours as well :)

Nominates you for a custom title of "Jack the Ripper"
What say you @Monsta_AU ?
Upon a positive side, you've wrecked @gthomas04's desire not to attach actual facial images to persona's here and you're giving it a go and learning as you go too by the sounds of it.
Wise as well to try around the longest time between normal work hours as well :)

Custom title hell yeah :)

The no face image, is it like parlay, more of a guideline then a rule?

Yeah hence the late night shave tonight. Defiantly need alum or styptic.

Custom title hell yeah :)

The no face image, is it like parlay, more of a guideline then a rule?

Yeah hence the late night shave tonight. Defiantly need alum or styptic.
Alright, everyone calm down.
I don't grant custom titles, I just suggest it to the right person when I personally feel they're appropriate ;)

It's a guideline, hey @gthomas04 :D
A bit like @Drubbing and his devotion to smileys ;)

Alum/stypic during a shower to stem the bloodflow and numb the pain to a dull roar whilst applying them...

Ouch - on so many levels ...

Reinforces my belief that despite fact that shavette/straight shaving has that extra appeal to the raw ballsiness of it - the risk vs rewards of it just doesn't add up.

Its just SO EASY to give yourself a significant cut with the shavette it's not funny - especially when you have to go backhand or in tricky spots and is the shave better than with a nice DE? No....and it takes a lot longer so while I'll use it for the odd tidy up I've 99% resigned myself to the risk just not being worth the rewards.

Gave myself a similar type cut under jawline up by ear on backhand side last week and that was the crystalising moment for me.

I think the shavett wins over DE on long beard growth or if your tiding up around facial hair. Else a straight is actually more gentle. I het more nicks from a shavett than a straight. But I to have become a DE user generally now.

I think the shavett wins over DE on long beard growth or if your tiding up around facial hair. Else a straight is actually more gentle. I het more nicks from a shavett than a straight. But I to have become a DE user generally now.
I heard the same about shavettes cf straights. Shavettes are very unforgiving and actually require a different technique to straights.

Used straights for a while there and never once felt the urge to try a shavette. Blade on a stick indeed!
DE are just too easy...addictive

Jesus! You used to much pressure, friend; they don't call that thing "Feather" for nothing. Shavettes require least pressure and most acute angle of incidence, none more so than the Feather, king of keenness in class. Try practically laying the thick spine of the Feather on the skin as you move along, and I'd actually say to try the "Pro Guard" blade if u can source that.

I am only moderate of motor skills-we unfortunately cannot all be Kobe Bryant or Lionel Messi.

The Feather beast is a bit above my pay grade; I can take it to my local salon and a female wizard with a blade can unearth a shave I can never match at home, DE or my "real" straight razors or whatever I choose to use, but if I try it at home I always get a smaller scale version of the atrocity above, no matter how light I feel I'm working. This is why I favor "real" (= "DULLER") straight razors and a coticule-they do not give a comparable shave to what the lady at the barber can do to me with all her beard prep and lather perfection and experience, but I get a pretty good result (better than DEs or cartridges here) and I never cut myself.

Don't give up on using the left hand, it is best to try it when the whole thing is foreign than to try knocking it down later on when muscle memory sets in for the smart arm. I use either hand any time and I don't much think about it now, and I'd adore it if I could do that with all tasks with my hand OR my legs!

100% in agreement with the ProGuard blade. I've tried them all and the best, smoothest, " finest" shave is with the ProGuard. Only one I use now.

Wow, I did not know that, Johnus. We've some in the office. Never gave them a second thought b/c I'd automatically assumed it a kiddie toy not much different than any cartridge/DE/built-in-stretcher solution what with the little wire and all. Will shave with one now. That thing better not impress, for one cannot reverse time.

vanNek? We'll have to call you redNek from now on. By the way, from what I can see of it, the right side of your face doesn't look too comfortable either. Stick to DEs.