Greetings from italy

What's wrong with Cella? You soapist or somefing?
…anyways @Emanuele might be a little more cultured than that - Cella or Proraso would be like Palmolive or Fauldings for us I suppose. I, for one, look forward to him speaking to us of the pleasures of lubing up with Boellis Panama 1924, Acqua de Palma, a little P160 or…pppppfffffwwwwaaaaahhhh!:)

Nothing wrong with cella other than the sensation you'd get shoving your nose in a warm bucket of marzipan. It's hard to shave whilst having to suppress urges to violently chunder.

Nothing wrong with cella other than the sensation you'd get shoving your nose in a warm bucket of marzipan. It's hard to shave whilst having to suppress urges to violently chunder.
Fair call. Funny thing is smell. Likewise there are others (let's call them Arko Averts) who avoid submerging their faces in the bottom of urinals.

Sorry for my absence: return to work after the holidays was traumatic and I didn't have enough time to read Forum. Fortunately, I had to shave!! Otherwise at this time I was more hipster than wetshaver ;-)

Sorry for my absence: return to work after the holidays was traumatic and I didn't have enough time to read Forum. Fortunately, I had to shave!! Otherwise at this time I was more hipster than wetshaver ;-)
Sorry to hear that mate. So any stories to share from your time off?

Right these days I left my faithful DE to take still in hand my straight razor, sometimes I like to change! I hope not to offend anyone by saying that the feeling that gives me a straight razor can not give me any other type of razor.

Not at all! Sounds great.
What is your favourite shaving soap, brush and razor?

I don't have too many stuff: some DE, some straight razors, some shavette... but the pieces I prefer for each category are:
- an Eskilstuna straight razor
- a Bartali Slant DE
- a Daune shavette that use both sides of a double edge blades at the same time like a DE razor but it has an handle folded like a straight razor
- a Cjb kamisori straight razor. It looks like Kai Captain or Feather Artist Club and it use the same type of blades.

About shaving soaps I prefer hard soaps because although their prices are most expensive than soft soaps and creams, they last longer.
Currently my favorite is the Tabac with bowl but I also like Speick, the one in stick.
As soft or semi-solid in bowl I like the Proraso, the green one. It was my first shaving soap when I was a kid. But I also like Le Pere Lucien, recently discovered.
As cream in tube i don't have a favorite, because rarely I use it. I would say Proraso because here is very easy to find it and it's very cheap. But the red one to change! In Italy most of soaps are almond or mint! What a bore!

Now the brushes: I'm Italian so Omega Brushes are a must! I just bought their badger silvertip Barber Pole. I have also an Omega No. 48 but I haven't a good relationship with him: if you add too much water you can say goodbye to the foam!
I also like the synthetic type of Zenith (Yes there is! And is also italian! Zenith vs Omega! LOL). I have a limitided edition for ilrasoio.com. It isn't beautiful but it makes a lot of foam with the worst soap and in any condition and hard water. I am aware that in the world there are other brushes, so my next purchase is a Simpson's Shaving Brush. It's my dream from so long!

I don't have too many stuff: some DE, some straight razors, some shavette... but the pieces I prefer for each category are:
- an Eskilstuna straight razor
- a Bartali Slant DE
- a Daune shavette that use both sides of a double edge blades at the same time like a DE razor but it has an handle folded like a straight razor
- a Cjb kamisori straight razor. It looks like Kai Captain or Feather Artist Club and it use the same type of blades.

About shaving soaps I prefer hard soaps because although their prices are most expensive than soft soaps and creams, they last longer.
Currently my favorite is the Tabac with bowl but I also like Speick, the one in stick.
As soft or semi-solid in bowl I like the Proraso, the green one. It was my first shaving soap when I was a kid. But I also like Le Pere Lucien, recently discovered.
As cream in tube i don't have a favorite, because rarely I use it. I would say Proraso because here is very easy to find it and it's very cheap. But the red one to change! In Italy most of soaps are almond or mint! What a bore!

Now the brushes: I'm Italian so Omega Brushes are a must! I just bought their badger silvertip Barber Pole. I have also an Omega No. 48 but I haven't a good relationship with him: if you add too much water you can say goodbye to the foam!
I also like the synthetic type of Zenith (Yes there is! And is also italian! Zenith vs Omega! LOL). I have a limitided edition for ilrasoio.com. It isn't beautiful but it makes a lot of foam with the worst soap and in any condition and hard water. I am aware that in the world there are other brushes, so my next purchase is a Simpson's Shaving Brush. It's my dream from so long!
You are lucky to be living in the land of Proraso and Omega. I have 7 Omega brushes and love them all. The most recent ones I picked up in Rome this year at a place called Muzio. It was packed with hundreds of Omega and other brushes.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409677367.135809.jpg

Thanks @Emanuele for your reply. That was great.

I have also heard that the Proraso Red is to be changed. Do you know more details about this change?

........Currently my favorite is the Tabac with bowl but I also like Speick, the one in stick.....

Nice one! Some of my favourites too.

..............In Italy most of soaps are almond or mint! What a bore!.........

I have been questioning that for years. Are you sure you're Italian?

(Well folks.....he's not Marco. Thank god for that! )

This is my last SOTD. Sorry if it comes from another forum. Is the Italian version of this forum. Even there, we are talking about wet shaving ;)

image.php

image.php

I have been questioning that for years. Are you sure you're Italian?

(Well folks.....he's not Marco. Thank god for that! )

Yes I am. But I have an opened mind about wet shaving, on this I am international.

Who is this Marco? Is he also italian?

Yes I am. But I have an opened mind about wet shaving, on this I am international.

Who is this Marco? Is he also italian?

It's a compliment! Marco is a particularly obsequious Italian member of the Badger and Blade shaving forum. Don't go there. Or maybe you should, just to show that not all Italians are obsessed with Italian shaving soaps that smell of almond biscotti.

Hi Emanuele,
Welcome aboard. New here as well . Been on B&B for months but plan to spend more time here. Plan to cruise through Europe next year. Will be dropping into Italy. Will have to buy some Italian stuff from Italy.

Hi Emanuele,
Welcome aboard. New here as well . Been on B&B for months but plan to spend more time here. Plan to cruise through Europe next year. Will be dropping into Italy. Will have to buy some Italian stuff from Italy.
What about France for some wonderful French soaps? Martin de Candre? Pre de Provence?
Or Spain for some sultry aftershaves like Floid or Myrsol?
There is family-made Austrian shaving soap (Haslinger) and much, much more.
I'd do plenty of research before setting off as there are European shaving delights in every port, city and country! Yippee! Pack one suitcase and plan to bring back two. [emoji13]