Breaking in a Gift Brush

filobiblic

Facepeeler Extraordinare
State Convenor - NSW
Group Buy Caporegime
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2015 Sabbatical Fail
I want to give a boar brush to a mate as a present. He currently uses canned goo and multi-blade thingies. I want to give him some joy in his life...

What are your thoughts on breaking in the brush before I give it to him?

Will he understand - or go - YUCK?

Will he understand - or go - YUCK?

Well, will he know any better if it's his first brush?
If I break it in, then disinfect and re-package it he's none the wiser. It means he gets a lovely, soft-tipped brush all good with no smell.

If he is none the wiser that is one thing - but if he likes it and buys another you might have to confess!

If he is none the wiser that is one thing - but if he likes it and buys another you might have to confess!

Haha! Of course. Hopefully he'll have been bitten by the shaving bug by then and won't mind one bit. He'll be on to trying a badger...

Of course you can break it in w/o actually using it to shave (bowl/hand lathering)

Of course you can break it in w/o actually using it to shave (bowl/hand lathering)

This.

A used brush looks like the worst kind of re-gift to someone who doesn't share our peccadilloes. Hand lather it in and tell him what you've done, and show him how to use it properly.

Consider SWAT teaming his bathroom and throw out any cans of goop. Given him a cream and a link to this website. Go round there every morning for a week, wake him up and talk him through his shave. Show him how you faceterbate.

Some of these might be seen as excessive (even illegal). You decide which.

I wouldn't lay him in cotton wool like that. If he can't handle a bit of badger or boar funk how is he going to put a real blade or brush to his own face. Just give him the brush and a half decent cream tell him it might be a bit funky for a couple of times or advise him to shampoo it. If he's still using goo after a month or so just knock the bastard off your Christmas card list. It's hard love here. And no communal faceterbating.

^^^ Haha! You guys rock! (Literally in Drubs case...)

My vote is no and just tell him it will smell like arse at first.

The main thing is making sure he understands to load enough soap/cream.

My vote is no and just tell him it will smell like arse at first.

The main thing is making sure he understands to load enough soap/cream.

Probably the simplest solution.

Though I like Drubs' no frills approach. Bound to get results.

Actually, I was probably a bit rash.

Find out if he's using it first. If not, then go with the brick.