August 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pushed through the Paypal on a win tonight. Maiden bid too - this guy is out of these now I think:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351154349957

They are French-labelled, English manufactured Wilkinsons from late 70's to early 80's by my best guess. These will be tested by me for 'okayness' then put into the next Travelling Vintage Blade-a-thon.

These will be tested by me for 'okayness' then put into the next Travelling Vintage Blade-a-thon.

Sounds good! Boy, you like your blades Monsta... Seems like a good price for those Wilkies.

Hey - well done @Monsta_AU !!!!

Glad I didn't bid against you :)

Thanks guys.

Currently thinking that I will put the following blades in the packages:
  • ~'91 Gillette SS 'Super Indoxydable'
  • '70s-'80s English Wilks
  • Personna Super Stainless Ultra Chrome - rave reviews last time!
  • Aussie Spoilers (for those that do not have them)
  • Hopefully another blade
Generally want to send these to the newer members, and also not send them travelling but post direct to each user. I will trickle them out over a week or so to spread things out a little.

I'm happy to throw in a few vintage blades such as Schicks, Spoilers and some of the other seemingly endless versions of English Wilkinson Swords. Let me know.

Generally want to send these to the newer members, and also not send them travelling but post direct to each user. I will trickle them out over a week or so to spread things out a little.

Thanks so much @Monsta_AU! Sounds great. Very generous of you...

So where do we sign up?

Nothing shaving related...

Got a REIWA High Achievers Award for sales in my first year on the job in real estate.
Bought an N600 Modem, Samsung OEM Headphones (dog ate my other ones) and a tempered glass screen protector for one of my phones.
I don't need to buy any shaving gear for years...

Did PJ lend you his dog?

Well done. Getting a industry gong selling RE in the Perth equivalent of Broadmeadows is nothing short of stellar.

Hey @JugV2 - well done mate!

Well we are a real bunch of winners around here :)

Gold Medals, High Achiever Awards, the internationally famous inventor of the Thomas Method.

I'm in awe

This came in yesterday. First go tomorrow.

Simpson3resized.jpg

Simpson M6 TSN Limited Edition in Manchurian Badger. 22mm knot, 48mm loft. The handle is faux horn, modelled on the discontinued M6 style.

EDIT:

And well done Jug! Not bad for a year in!

Now that's an acquisition @Mong.

I'm hoping somebody here will post this as an acquisition.

Very good price!

Very good price!
Oooo! I'd have been in for the hunt if I knew. Good price indeed.

Very good price!
Been watching that one from minutes after listing. Was gung-ho on winning it until yesterday, when I committed to keeping my line-up simple. September I am sticking with the new Weber and only Tabac software. Nothing more. So this purchase would have been agony. Went for a song but…$15.50!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.