The Bushland Tea House

Better she drink tea than the infamous drink of her hometown

It begin to look like a real Tea Room hehehe

Here's the daily cup, Lapsang Souchong smoked tea. This stuff was accidentally created 200 or 300 hundred years ago by Chinese peasants who, fearing an emminant war, used whatever they had (Pines) to quickly dry their tea harvest. According to the standards, it was a disaster! The harvest smelled like burned pines...but the chinese managed to sold the 'Ruined Tea' to a Dutch merchant by saying it was THE new stuff. Next year, the guy came back and wanted more :-/? Haaaa crazy europeans (I bet thats what the chineses thought).

I would not recommend it as a morning tea, because of the strong smell, but it's definitively an evening tea.

Great thread! Just started to drink a lot of for our Summer. Been making a large pot every nite. This usually lasts me into the early morning. Problem here in US is that tea isn't a primary beverage and choices are limited. This thread has inspired me to shop graded and find more unique teas. Thank you!

Great thread! Just started to drink a lot of for our Summer. Been making a large pot every nite. This usually lasts me into the early morning. Problem here in US is that tea isn't a primary beverage and choices are limited. This thread has inspired me to shop graded and find more unique teas. Thank you!

Once in a while, I purchase loose tea from online tea shops or from Ebay. Sometimes I purchase a tea that I already know the taste or I go random by purchasing something totally unknown to me. Not so long ago, I randomly purchased an excellent Oolong from a Chinese seller and a friend of mine said 'You trust a Chinese seller?' to that I answered 'Tea is about the only thing Chinese folks don't have to counterfeit' :D

Like almost every morning, I hold a mug of Earl Grey Cream. Its one of my permanent teas, I can can be out of Darjeeling for 6 months but I absolutely need a cup of Earl Grey every morning.

14 hours without electricity, here's how I prepared my evening tea yesterday.

mbH5vTX.png

I just ordored a few blends from Murchies (Canada's oldest Tea Store, Since 1894), so I snagged a few ounces of Scottish Breakfast, Russian Caravan, Earl Grey & English Afternoon.