SE AC Blades

thatguy

So I just ordered the Yaqi Excalibur off one of their live streams as an inexpensive trial step into the SE AC world. Does anyone have a recommendation on blades to try?

I think I read that some people thought quite highly of the Schick prolines (P-30?), and the Feather Pro-Guard for a great, super safe shave?

So I just ordered the Yaqi Excalibur off one of their live streams as an inexpensive trial step into the SE AC world. Does anyone have a recommendation on blades to try?

I think I read that some people thought quite highly of the Schick prolines (P-30?), and the Feather Pro-Guard for a great, super safe shave?
The Schick Proline is the only decent blade in that razor IMO. The Feathers and Chinese no names are very rough in comparison, but work fine in my Razorock Hawk V3. There was a travelling hawk for a while for people to try....

Schick Prolines are my go-to SE AC blade as a safe option just like using a Wizamet Super Iridium DE blade.

The Proline IMO has a nice combination of sharpness and smoothness, it's my go-to after extensively testing those, Kai PINKs, Feather Pro and Pro Super over about a year. I've put my money where my mouth is and bought 600 of them.

@thatguy, I can send you a few to try if you like. Don't bother with any of the guarded blades, it's not necessary to have trainer wheels on a safety razor. They're made for using with shavettes.

The Proline IMO has a nice combination of sharpness and smoothness, it's my go-to after extensively testing those, Kai PINKs, Feather Pro and Pro Super over about a year. I've put my money where my mouth is and bought 600 of them.

@thatguy, I can send you a few to try if you like. Don't bother with any of the guarded blades, it's not necessary to have trainer wheels on a safety razor. They're made for using with shavettes.

That would be amazing! I'll PM you.

I'm assuming you mean in a DE razor? :)
The Proline P-30 SE AC blades are often compared to the Wizamet Super Iridium DE blades as in sharp, mid-aggressive and long lasting so a very good pairing with most razors.

I've yet to try any guarded blades and tend to agree with @Gargravarr in recommending the P-30 as will eventually add to the previous x 300 I purchased late last year as offer great value with easily 7 solid shaves prior to needing a new blade. He's a great guy and should be able to hook you up with some sample blades and one of the main reason's why I choose SE AC style razors as great for my beard type although a bit pricier when compared to the abundant option for DE razors/blades. Also great for head shaves as cover greater surface area and tend to be milder shavers so rare to cut yourself unless really careless.

Well worth grabbing a pack of Kai Pinks, Feather Super/Pro's as 30 x blades will go a long way and each shaves different yet available locally so enjoy experimenting because YMMV!

Thanks RazorBurn, that's really helpful. Looking forward to trying it out!
Make sure to post your findings once you get some shaves under your belt! (y)