Hello from our Hallowed Capital

stillshunter

a man of resolve, a man of conviction
State Convenor - ACT
Group Buy Associate
2015 Sabbatical Fail
Hey guys,

A newbie here to wet shaving. Just DE….for now….but straight looks mighty tempting too. However, I'm really enjoying the small steps I'm taking with my DE shaves and so am looking forward to your advice, critique…and trading to better gear in the Buy/Sell ;)

Anywho, thought I'd drop in my calling card with a big thumbs up for your forum from here in the Canberra area.

Cheers,
Mark

CBR - the nations capital.

Confident
Bold
Ready

All other cities should pay homage!

CBR, CBR, CBR - Oi, Oi, Oi - or something like that.

Welcome to this hallowed gathering of gentlemen (and some wackos from the West). Despite some peculiarities good advice prevails usually,

Wow, I am gobsmacked. Good to see someone takes CBR seriously even if it is themselves. That's all a bit of a wank really, do the powers that be not realise if it wasn't for the Fed's being there the town would cease to exist?

Yeah a total waste of time and money - but it must make somebody feel good about themselves.

Mind you - the abuse is being hurled from Hobart - 'nuff said!

Wow, Canberra have initiated such a confident, bold branding strategy, I'm just about ready to move there. I can say to people, hi, I'm from Canberra, you'd think it's a State, but it's actually a real product. I don't reckon I'll be short on friends.

Cmon guys - Canberra has its place. For example there will come the time when the Bean Counters and Economists of the nation gather together for a conference (theme being - "Pocket protectors through the ages") and , if this conference coinicides with Parliament sitting then a surgical srike by the air force could make a wonderous improvement to the nations gene pool :) Of course we would have to send in a team to get @Mark1966 and his collection out first (if we could drag him away from the exhibits).

Come on it's just Mark rejoining to get some attention! Hello and welcome Mark 2. Never been to Canberra. The disparaging remarks made by many, including those above for which I apologise, is no doubt a contributing factor. There are lots of other places in Australia (including 90% of WA where I live) I haven't been to either so don't take it personally. We'll have to assume it is a genuine Mark 2 from Canberra and we've got to be polite to these newcomers. At least in the first post.

We have Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and baby George :)

Philistine!

Maybe "new Mark" is an elaborate ruse by "old Mark" to ramp up acquisitions and hide them in plain sight from Mrs Mark ("oh no, there are two Marks in Canberra, this has obviously landed in our mailbox in error, bloody OzPost") :D

Fellas, that was a warm welcome, and a damned hilarious one. The first round's on me! Gotta assure y'all though that here's a different Mark - not sure about newer - but a different version.

Hey Canberra, I just work there!
That's my mantra. In my defence I live on property well out from the Capital in my home state of NSW. Gotta say though there aint too many places that you can own 100+ prime acres and only be an hour or so from 'white collar' city work. I'm Sydney born and bred and there's no chance in hell someone from my caste could afford that ;)

Anywho, looking forward to talking shaving with you lot too.
Oh yeah, also like my photography - both silver halide (film) and digital. The former more so than the latter. Funny my main camera and lens is a 1957 Leica IIIf with 50mm Summicron….for those who know anything about photography it betrays that I like my toys tried and true.

They talk shaving here? That'll be a novelty.

Trying to get my head round the basics in photography. No time to make it a stalk and crawl hobby at sunup and sundown, but would like to try and take consistently good pics without auto, which doesn't often do the job well. Got a Canon 700D and 50-135 lens

This was a fair effort outside my front door. On one of the auto settings though.This little guy has been camped there all day for the last 3 days.

Now mate that's a pearler of a shot. Focus bang on where you want it - nice sharp eyes. I've take a break from dSLRs for a bit. Mainly playing with compacts nowadays….but I will return - we always do. Again nice image!!!

…funny I also like my birds too….and yeah, I'm talking here about the feathered variety….for the record.:oops: Do you know the owl breed here? I'm guessing a Boobook if his a little guy that looks like that - but hey that West Coast is a whole other country really.