April 2014 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Erskine is still here although it may be claimed by Drubs when he gets though Easter!

The Vostok watch arrived on Thursday, had to run into the office yesterday to get it.

Really happy with the watch itself, it's keeping excellent time (10 secs/day fast so far) but the bracelet on it is utter crap. I cannot de-pin it either, so obviously I need a proper de-pinning tool.

Went looking for some alternate straps locally, all ridiculously overpriced. Thinking of going with a khaki nato for the time being.

Really happy with the watch itself, it's keeping excellent time (10 secs/day fast so far) but the bracelet on it is utter crap. I cannot de-pin it either, so obviously I need a proper de-pinning tool.
Nice on the timekeeping. That would put it close to cosc standards.
The straps are truly atrocious. I ended up taking mine off with my leatherman pliers.

The Vostok watch arrived on Thursday, had to run into the office yesterday to get it.

Went looking for some alternate straps locally, all ridiculously overpriced. Thinking of going with a khaki nato for the time being.
I got my strap for $24 delivered and had two sets of pins with it. Then my local mall watch guy said he had them for $20 for the nato style straps.... Maybe look into a local guy?

Local mall guy was $35 for a nato, I walked out pretty quickly at that price.

There was a few metal bracelets from $45 but most were $55 and up. Leather was $40 and up to $90.

Last edited:
Local mall guy was $35 for a nato, I walked out pretty quickly at that price.

There was a few metal bracelets from $45 but most were $55 and up. Leather was $40 and up to $90.
Have a look on eBay. If you want the link I can send it to you.

Found plenty on eBay for around $6 each. Ordering some tonight, along with a box of springbars, and a basic toolkit.

Was able to set the time and date on the other half's old Orient. Had the same screw-down crown so it was easy. Big brownie points.

I got some from a guy on WUS for about $5 a pop. Good quality too.
Natostrapco.com

You got your know it all wunderkind brother in law over?

No, he's in LA, refuses to come back here. The sister in law + 3 is though, but she's ok without him stirring thing up. It's the mother in law - she misses the fighting, so decided to start her own.

I'm taking 4 kids to the Lego movie tomorrow and actually looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Omega 10005 and a tub of TOBS arrived on my doorstep this morning.

The expensive omega appears to have a lot more backbone than the cheaper one it replaced and I now know what people mean when they say boar is scritchy.

Not tried it yet but the Jermyn St seems quite pleasant.

The scent will be a bit cloying at first, but the Ladies love Jermyn. Once they sniff it on you, that's it.

Suffice to say that the wife of a schoolmate was sniffing me a little too much right in front of him, and my ex was also there. Mind you, she was sniffing me also :D

Omega 10005 and a tub of TOBS arrived on my doorstep this morning.

The expensive omega appears to have a lot more backbone than the cheaper one it replaced and I now know what people mean when they say boar is scritchy.

My experience is the opposite. As for scratchy, the 05 needs a good soak for a while to soften up. But it will.

..........the wife of a schoolmate was sniffing me a little too much right in front of him, and my ex was also there. Mind you, she was sniffing me also...........

Good God, we've got a right Adonis here. Girls just faint when he walks in to the room.

I get sniffed all the time now - we have a dog. You get over it ....

@Monsta_AU, pray tell me you took the opportunity to kindly inform them that it is akin to a scratch and sniff sticker...

Status
Not open for further replies.