Just got into wet shaving

That's just the way Omega do it, they sell worldwide and it cheap to make a lot of variety of the same thing.

There will be differences in knot size and length. With those linked, it's negligible. They're all around the same. Myself, I prefer one around 55mm long. Those are probably 50, can be stiffer and take loner to soften up.

Don't buy from the US. Their shipping sucks, and many will charge premiums for the privilege of bothering to let you buy from them.

Mark : Thanks, but that looks out of my price range :(.

... mostly around the $15 mark.

That's probably my budget at the moment.

That is a pretty tight budget with shipping thrown in :(

Good luck mate

Nasty? Why? How do you tell whether a brush is good?

Omega just replied to my email saying that brush is a fake brush...so i guess thats of the list.

Whats the difference at $20? I took a look at shaving.ie before, but i realised the shipping costs would probably be too high...

Omega just replied to my email saying that brush is a fake brush...so i guess thats of the list.

I was thinking the same thing. But I thought, who would bother to fake a $10 brush? The bristle looked definitely dodgy. Omegas don't look ragged like that.

I can send you a 10077. But you'll have to wait til after Easter.

Shaving.ie wouldn't charge much more than $5 to ship a brush. Same for Connaught. And their prices are exl. VAT. i.e. cheaper than advertised.

Get this one. $22 delivered. If you say that is too expensive at a massive $7 over your budget, I'll bust a blood vessel. If you don't like this brush, you won't like boars.

http://www.shaving.ie/products/omega-professional-83-shaving-brush.html

Last edited:
Just realised I still have the cheaper starter kit from this thread available.

$20 plus postage - say $25 will get you a brush, soap, razor and blades.

Not trying to be pushy - just give options. Others can wade in with thoughts - I don't know much about these brushes

Whats the difference at $20? I took a look at shaving.ie before, but i realised the shipping costs would probably be too high...
The biggest difference at $20 is quality. The bristles, the seating of the knot, the handle...all the things you need to be reasonable in a brush. For a $10 brush you won't get any of these things, unless you buy second hand.
The kit @Mark1966 is offering at that price is actually quite good value. The razor or the brush are easily worth the asking price alone.

Drubbing : I certaintly wouldnt mind going up to $20 for a quality brush. I took another look at shaving.ie and connaught, but decided i didnt want to wait 2-3 weeks for international shipping, so i got a omega from a local seller : http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151274085728. Not sure how long this will last, but i could probably afford a nicer one by the time it wears out (if i can get a job here that is...)

Mark : Looks great, it's too bad i didn't meet you before i got into this or i would have bought the shaving set to start off with...just wondering, but are you a professional seller or something?

Jug : Oh okay. I'm not sure how true this is, but i emailed Omega to ask what the difference was between the professional and non-pro Omega brushes were. I was basically told the pro brushes were meant for barbers with larger handles and knots, but otherwisethe quality should be the same. Has this been your experience?

Jug : Oh okay. I'm not sure how true this is, but i emailed Omega to ask what the difference was between the professional and non-pro Omega brushes were. I was basically told the pro brushes were meant for barbers with larger handles and knots, but otherwisethe quality should be the same. Has this been your experience?

That's right. THe pro brushes are just bigger, not better or more special.

Had a 48 too, once upon a time. Because the bristles are quite stiff (as they should be in a good boar brush) it doesn't get floppy unlike brushes from certain well known make. But yeah, I found it too big. Very workable but you end up with lather up your nose and behind the ears.

So i've been waiting almost a month and STILL dont have the brush despite the seller living in victoria.

The first package went missing, seller raised inquiry with aus post.

The second one sent from the same post office also went missing....

Aus post refuses to talk to me because only the sender is allowed to raise an investigation and they need weeks to investigate anyway. The seller showed me the receipt proving he paid for the postage...both packages have gone missing at the post office (no tracking updates after that). Post office insists the packages were not handled by them even though the receipt shows their postal code on it.

If theres no news on monday im just going to ask for a refund and buy a brush somewhere else. Anyone here happen to be selling one?

Hmm, one package missing is understandable. Two? That's untrustworthy…

As I said, I can send you one. I was going to put it on the travelling box...

All parcels have tracking in Aus now ....