Anyone want to try out the R41 Razor?

cool. Now the only question is which one... the Grande or the regular... Is the grande worth the extra cost? I do seem to favour heavier razors....

cool. Now the only question is which one... the Grande or the regular... Is the grande worth the extra cost? I do seem to favour heavier razors....
I haven't checked both out. Is weight the only difference? If so just get the heaviest one.

longer handle as well aparently. it's not a big difference in price, might just bite the bullet and do it! :)

GT how are you going with the razor mate? I'm assuming it has found it's way to you?

I would err on the smoother side than a fresh spoiler. Just my IMHO :)

I had to tape it into submission. Feisty thing that R41!!

OK people first take on the R41 "OO OO Shiny must have one look shiny OO OO'. Oops sorry just channeling @Mark1966 for a moment. Nice solid feel to the razor although I felt the handle was a little short for the weight. I decide to keep all things equal and stuck with the Tabac puck I have been using, and taking SYDs suggestion put in an Indian Wilkinson as a mildish blade. Shit oh dear that's a fair chunk of very sharp blade hanging over the edge of this thing! Still I am tough - I use SE blades straight out of the packet - I can do this. First stroke down the cheek and "plop" there went the tip of my chin - didn't really bother me as I hardly ever use that bit. Onto the neck and "splash" a chunk of adams apple joined the chin bit. Naw not really - it was all quite uneventful - the secret - like when you use a new SE blade was to keep the angle quite flat and let the razor work don't try to work the razor. Gotta go now and get my lips sewn back on. :) More after the second shave in a few days.

Putting my name on the list for the R41 trial whenever's best for it to pass through Canberra area.

Hey guys. Can we please update this thread whith who has the razor and when it is moving on to the next person?
Two next on the list:

@stillshunter
@Lifes a Peach

Not sure if anyone else is keen yet?

@gthomas04 you've had it for a few weeks now, might be time to send it along if you've had a good crack at it.

Hey guys. Can we please update this thread whith who has the razor and when it is moving on to the next person?
Two next on the list:

@stillshunter
@Lifes a Peach

Not sure if anyone else is keen yet?

@gthomas04 you've had it for a few weeks now, might be time to send it along if you've had a good crack at it.
Hi Jug, yes I did say in the SOTD thread that I had enough playtime. If the next on the list wants to send me their address I will get it on its way. Sorry I should have posted here rather than in SOTD.

Actually guys, I might push in and give it a quick go before it heads out of Sydney. I can go and pick it up from Glenn this week.

Actually guys, I might push in and give it a quick go before it heads out of Sydney. I can go and pick it up from Glenn this week.
Or you can pick it up from Glen. Us single n's are a rare breed but proud of our even numbered name (can't think what life would be like dragging that extra n everywhere). :)

Friendly reminder about my post at the end of March ;)

So is the R41 coming down to Melbourne then? If so, I might stick my hand up to have a crack.