The Worst Blade in The World

Dorco was the only blade I haven't bothered even finishing half my face with
An example of YMMV, as I've quite liked my shaves using Dorco 301s - not my favourite blade, but a good performer for me.

Punktal next. There should be two of them in the pack I sent.

When I said I wanted to find the worst razor blade in the world I did assume that what I was trying could actually be classified as a razor blade. The Punktal is not a razor blade. It's supposedly made in Solingen West Germany which is generally the byword for high end steel products. This thing is truly appalling. I tried it on a second pass in a Gillette ball end tech. Didn't get through half a stroke. It's a winner. Easily up there with the Shogun. Got one of these left over - once is enough believe me - so are there any takers? Come on, I'll happily pay the postage. Thanks eggy!

Umm, yay?
I think I bought 50 of the buggers which means I still have enough blades left over for everyone to try one.
Either pm me your address or the lot go in the bin later today.

Not even worthy to hold on to cut up stuff/strip paint etc ?

Yeah it's a shame to throw away such standard setting blades. On the whole stripping paint and cutting stuff is better done with single edges blades. At least you can hold on to them without sinking the other edge in to your fingers.

Found a couple of really bad ones. I always have a load of odds and end blades in my travel set up. Unless I'm staying somewhere for a long time using good blades is a bit of a waste as I throw them out when I pack it all up again. Loaded a Gillette Blue (made in China) and got 1/4 of the way through a stroke, then loaded a Super Max and got 1/4 of the way further in. I thought there was something wrong with my trusted bakelite 7O'Clock razor which of course was a ridiculous thought because it's the best razor I've ever used. Two more worst blades in the world, one after the other. Fantastic result. Then loaded a Lord blade which is just about OK but a chuckworthy one even if it only gets a single use. Thanks to @Mark1966 for sending me his duds. To his credit he didn't know they were duds but that's the purpose of this exercise.

Wow, nearly 2 years on and this masochistic trainwreck is still going!

Reminds me of the Shia muslims ripping their backs to bits with metal flails or the self-flagellation of some hard core Catholic sects. There has to be a better way to deal with your demons than this PJ!

PS. As a dedicated atheist I have to say a google image search of self flagellation is YIKES?!?! Still unsure if PJ's routine doesn't deserve a pic somewhere in that lot.

So far, worst blade I've found is the Merkur closely followed by Feathers. The first pulls and the latter scratches...

So far, worst blade I've found is the Merkur closely followed by Feathers. The first pulls and the latter scratches...

Send him your bad blades folks!!! He thinks he has tried the worst... [emoji5]️

Send him your bad blades folks!!! He thinks he has tried the worst... [emoji5]️
Thanks Filo, mate if you actually seen me head then you'd agree I need no help degrading it any further…..

…unless…

Last edited:
If you think those are the worst, you sadly haven't lived yet. I admire the fact that Pjotr is willing to take one for the team, although I think he had second thoughts after a couple of blades I sent his way, which were truly horrendous to shave with.

Sorry mate :(

Not at all. It's quite interesting particularly if you're not expecting it. I haven't yet cut or even scraped myself with one of them. They're just too blunt to actually cut hair so they sort of bounce around. The worst part is the feel of your hair being pulled. It would be different if I actually stated I'd shave with them. Solidarity with the poor shmucks in Shanghai who are having to shave with these. You can tell the instant you put it to your skin that it's a bad one.

It could be. Strange. They talk about heat generated. I can't imagine that the miniscule amount of heat that is generated when a blade cuts a hair would make any difference whatsoever to the edge or the longevity.

You did note they're marketed for plastic and foil cutting and as a gillette/DE shaped blade ?